I haven’t purchased much from Wal-Mart in the last few years. However, after seeing so many bloggers posting adorable outfits from there, I decided I needed to give them another shot! They don’t have a huge selection in my local store, so I ordered these online to try on at home.
*For reference, I’m 5’11” and a Size L on top, and generally a 12 or XL on bottom
*This post contains affiliate links. I will be given a small commission if you purchase something after clicking on one of my links.
1. Plus Size Monokini ($22) + Straw Purse ($16) + Gold Sandals ($28) – This suit is an XL/1X and I had plenty of room, and was pleasantly surprised by how much coverage and support it had. There are built in bra cups and the bottom half was full coverage as well.The bag comes with an optional shoulder strap, has an interior pocket and is lined. It’s a great deal for the price!The sandals are incredibly comfortable, and I think the gold can be dressed down or dressed up.
2. Black One Piece Swimsuit (Plus Size – $19.96) – this is also an XL and had plenty of room, but it felt a little bit shorter in the torso. It’s a great twist on the classic black one-piece.
(The bag is a multi-colored version of the same straw tote, and I’m obsessed! It also comes in a blue multicolor).
3. Chambray Dress (XL -$24 ) + Camo Slip-Ons ($16.88): Besides just needing to be ironed, I felt like this dress needed something else. Possibly a belt? It’s cute and I love the longer length, but I wasn’t sure if it did a lot for me.I love these camo slip-ons and I am definitely keeping them. They are a very subtle camo and you can actually slip them on while standing up.
4. Chambray Bow Dress (XL – $18.98) + Open Front Cardigan (L -$13.96): I’m very on the fence about this dress. I love the bow detail but I wish it flared out a bit more at the bottom. There was something about the fit that emphasized my stomach.This cardigan is a great staple, it is comfortable and has pockets but no buttons. It comes in several other colors as well. (Wearing a Large, I think it’s true to size).
5. Embroidered Blouse (L – $15.84) + 4.5″ Denim Shorts ($13.92): I got a 14 in these shorts but a 12 would have been totally fine as they have stretch to them. They are very comfortable and my only hesitation with how they look is the whiskering in the front.I love this blouse, and it looks more expensive than it is! I have it tucked in to pair with the shorts, it is a longer top.
6. White Tee (L – $6.88) + Shorts + Camo Slip-Ons: I call this “What I Probably Should Wear to the Park Instead of 10-Year Old Yoga Pants.” This tee is a Large and fits true to size. It is a soft material with some stretch and a great basic!
7. Blouse Jacket with Cami ($18) This top was such a surprise find, I love it! I almost didn’t order it because I was very skeptical of the whole concept (a tank top + matching kimono that can also be tied up to look like a blouse). But the print is gorgeous and it’s like two tops in one! The tank is true to size and there is a ton of room in the kimono part.
8. Black Jersey Dress (L – $9.96) + Pink Straw Tote – this is probably my favorite item from the whole Try-On because it is so soft and comfortable but not at all clingy. And it’s long enough on me!
9. Blue Striped Dress + Black Slip-Ons: This is the same dress as the black one above, it comes in a lot of colors! These black slip-ons are cute but just not as easy to get on as the camo ones. You can’t see it well in the pic but they are also perforated with small holes and I didn’t like how them in person as much as I did online.