I have gotten a lot of questions lately about sites that promise cute clothes for cheap (I’m sure you have seen targeted ads for all these places!) – which you know I love. But which sites are worth it and which aren’t? Here are the top sites and details for each:
Zulily: I originally shopped on this site more for kids than I do women’s, since they have sales on major kids brands like Stride Rite, Hanna Andersson, etc. I was wary of the women’s clothes because I had not heard most of the brands they were selling and I wasn’t sure how anything was going to fitJane. However, now that I have been shopping a lot more at online boutiques, I have become familiar with the brands and have ordered more women’s clothes through here as well (and have loved everything!). Some things to note:
- Read the details on each listing re: ship times and return policies. These details are not universal for everything you buy and depend on who the seller is. All returns of eligible products must be completed within 30 days of your purchase.
- Zulily does list the brands of all of the items which a lot of places do not. This is super helpful because after a few orders you’ll know what you like. Personally, brands I like and look out for (in addition to the brands you know and love from the mall) are: Bellamie, Zenana, and Coco & Main.
SheIn: This is one you have likely seen ads for everywhere and it looks so appealing because the stuff is cute and prices are low. I have not personally tried them but have heard so-so reviews from those who have. The impression I get is that it is good for something trendy that you don’t want to spend a lot for but you get what you pay for. The items are likely not going to last from one season to the next.
– They do accept returns within a 30 day window.
– I have heard that their sizes run small. So consider sizing up!
Jane: This is a flash sale site (and app) very similar to Zulily – they are just serving as a platform for boutiques to sell women’s and kids clothing. The thing I love about Jane is that the name of the boutique is listed for each item along with reviews for it. It is so nice to see that several hundred people ordered from somewhere and had a good experience. Some things to note:
– They have a return policy but it is short, only 14 days.
– They sell a lot of the same brands you see at other online boutiques but for way less. However they don’t list the brands so it can be a little harder to find the items/brands you love. You definitely have to spend some time on the site to find items, and the good stuff sells quick.
– The items I have gotten have come quickly and were shipped from the U.S.
Poshmark: This is a good way to buy designer brands you love for less (and also a great way to sell your own clothes you don’t wear anymore). It is simply a platform for individuals to sell you their new or used clothing items. I use this a lot to buy from my favorite Nordstrom brands for less (or to find stuff that is now completely sold out). You can follow the closets of your friends, bloggers you like, etc. to see what they are listing for sale. Some things to note:
– You can always make lower offers on an item if you like it but think the price is high. Remember that the offer is a commitment to buy (assuming the seller accepts).
– Shipping is $6.95 for everything. You can get more bang for your buck by bundling items together from the same seller and getting several things sent to you for one price.
– All sales are final. If something doesn’t work you will have to resell it yourself on Poshmark or another platform.
– You can use code CHICONTHECHEAP for $5 off your first order.
Any online sites you love for a good bargain? I’m always looking to hear reviews for new sites!